Why do students choose Biocore? (see brochure)
- Broad, in-depth and integrated biology program fulfilling requirements and preparing students for any biological science major
- Introductory to intermediate level course work that builds over four semesters
- Smaller class size and high instructor/student ratio
- Peer mentoring, outreach, and directed study opportunities
- Collaborative and supportive learning community
- Heavy emphasis on problem solving, critical thinking, research, writing and the process of science
The Biology Core Curriculum (Biocore) is an award-winning intercollege honors program. It is a challenging four semester introductory biology sequence that provides a broad, in-depth, and integrated background for students interested in any area of biological science.
Biocore is not a major but fulfills some or all of the biology requirements for a variety of biological science majors, including many in the College of Agricultural & Life Sciences as well as in the College of Letters & Science and the School of Education. The faculty and staff associated with the program are drawn from departments across campus and are deeply committed to undergraduate education.
Still have questions? - Get the F.A.Q.'s
Want more details? - Click here to download the program description
Biocore Program Goals - Click here
Biocore Teaching Philosophy - Click here